Solar Plus Storage in Hudson Valley
Take Your System to the Next Level with Solar Batteries
As time goes on, solar technology continues to grow in versatility and efficiency. More and more options are becoming available to homes and businesses alike every day. One of the most exciting new frontiers in consumer energy independence is solar plus storage, also referred to simply as solar batteries. These systems work alongside an existing solar energy array, storing excess power generated during sunny days and ensuring you have a reliable source of backup energy during outages. At Lighthouse Solar, we are committed to making sure our customers always have access to the power they need.
Since 2009, we have offered the highest quality solar design and installation services available. We strive constantly to stay at the cutting edge of advances in solar technology, and are eager to bring these advances to our customers to further improve their lives.
Learn more about your Hudson Valley solar plus storage options by contacting us today! We offer free consultations.
Benefits of Choosing Solar Batteries
Solar power is a remarkable technology, and in many cases may generate more power than the property uses at any one time. Batteries allow property owners to capture that excess energy and store it for later use when solar energy is not available, or if there are power outages.
Just a few benefits of these batteries include:
- Low maintenance costs
- Reduced energy costs
- Reliable continuous power source
- Quiet operation
- Clean, renewable energy
- Keeps your solar system running when the power is out
There is an impressive variety of batteries at a wide range of different capacities to accommodate many different energy needs. It is generally recommended that the average property owner get a battery that can sustain them for around 12 hours of normal energy use, but we can work with you and determine the right option for your unique needs.
How Long Do Solar Batteries Last?
Depending on the type of solar battery you purchase and install, it can last anywhere between 5 to 20 years before you will need to replace it. However, because the life expectancy of newer solar panels continues to increase, experts are saying that many solar battery backup systems will typically last close to 30 years before you need to consider investing in a new one.
Factors that affect the lifespans of solar batteries include:
- Charging and maintenance: Different solar battery backup systems will require different charging times depending on the type, model, and size of the system. It's important that you make sure you're charging your solar battery for the proper amount of time so you can get the most from your system and ensure it will hold as much of a charge as possible. It's also important that you get routine maintenance to ensure your system is in proper working condition.
- Usage: The charge capacity and lifespan of a solar battery backup system depend on its usage. Additionally, different types of batteries have different amounts of cycles. For example, lithium ion batteries can offer 2,000 cycles whereas a GEL battery can have as low as 500 and as high as 5,000 cycles. Deep-cycle batteries can discharge up to 80% of their storage capacity before needing to be recharged.
- Temperature: The solar battery backup system needs to be stored in a place with optimal atmospheric and temperature conditions. Because Hudson Valley experiences its share of snow and cold temperatures, we recommend that you keep your solar battery backup unit in your garage or basement.
Save Money & Energy Like Never Before
At Lighthouse Solar, we are committed to providing you with the most advanced, efficient, and effective solar options available on the market today. Our team has served our community for over a decade and will continue to work tirelessly to provide unbeatable service. Sit down with a member of our team today so we can better understand your needs and goals and design a solution that is completely customized to your property.
“Energetic, professional, and great to work with in every way.”- Rebecca E
“They were a joy to deal with.”- Jacinta B
“We could not be more satisfied!”- Mark S